Sunday 30 March 2014

Photography: Mother's Day, Sherwood and a Picnic.

Today (30th March) I went to the Sherwood Forest (Nottinghamshire, England). The decent amount of sun this Mother’s day served adequate lighting for my camera. I shot a fair amount of new family photos. And my mother laughed merrily at my bashful nephews and niece, despite her slight cough she’s had for the past few days. It was a good time to have a picnic, yet there were no squirrels or many birds to steal our food… which, to be quite honest, was a shame for me the guy with the camera.  

As I’m not one to show photos of people much, I’ll only show the photos of the Great Oak, statues and  amongst other things.

In May I’ll travel to Japan, so be sure to check back then for some great pictures of Tokyo and Yokohama. It’s gunna be so much fun ^_^   After that, I’ll go to London for the next comicon. In spite of all that, I don’t see myself as much of an otaku (Japanese anime, manga and games lover/all-round geek), photography makes things where people gather more interesting. I’m more interested in Japan, it’s language and actual people more than anime and manga XD


This isn’t the major oak, it’s just a tree.


Oh look, horse!


My dog.


This way to the major oak (shortest trail around the national park).


This is the major oak in all its glory. Of course it’s always in crutches, it’s old after all.




There was a small training area for archery. These little trinkets were being sold around here too.



Don’t really know what this is. A deer?




Robin hood and Little John (the bigger guy). If you don’t know the tale, then watch anything Robin Hood related (Robin Hood: Men in Tights is hilarious). Basically he’s a folk legend that helps keep the spirit of Sherwood Forest alive.








Thanks for reading.
----

Micheal.

No comments:

Post a Comment